Monday, July 21, 2008

Weight Watchers Pineapple Angel Food Cake

This is so quick and quite delicious. It doesn't have to be refrigerated when finished but I like the texture when it is cold. Serve with a dollop of Cool Whip or whipped cream if available.

Pineapple Angel Food Cake

1 Pkg. angel food cake mix
1 can (20 oz.) crushed pineapple in its' juice

With a spoon, mix together (do not drain the pineapple) the pineapple and cake mix. Pour into ungreased 9 x 13 dish. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.

Pan must be ungreased so cake can rise properly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds scrumptious! So it's just these 2 ingredients? Can you freeze this?

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

I would say this freezes just fine.

I did keep it in the frig for almost a week (covered very well).

It would also taste good with a lemon glaze made by combining conf. sugar with just enough lemon or key lime juice to make a glaze.

Ann @TheAssetEdge said...

My mom introduced me to this recipe this summer. I honestly didn't think I would like it, but it was really good - especially for a Weight Watchers recipe!