Thursday, March 19, 2009

Kentucky Sugar Cream Pie

My sister, Jean, gave me this secret family recipe that is served at our cousin's restaurant. Since only a few readers personally know my family and only my daughter has been to the restaurant... it is safe to pass on to you.

This is different than the sugar cream pies we find in the Midwest as it is made with brown sugar.

Kentucky Sugar Cream Pie

1 Cup brown sugar
6 Tablespoons flour

Mix together and take 2 handfuls and put in a 9 inch unbaked pie shell.

Mix remaining flour-sugar mixture with:

1 Cup heavy cream
1 1/2 Cups Half & Half
2 Tablespoons butter

Pour into pie shell, sprinkle cinnamon on top.

Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour. Cool completely to set.

That "handfuls" part of the recipe. You can tell that is from a family member of mine as that is how we all cook. :)

From Cousin Idell (in Kentucky) via my sister Jean (in Tampa).

1 comment:

yes said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.