Monday, June 16, 2008

Key Lime Squares

I think I'm making these for Saturday. I'll let you know how we like it!

I have plenty of key lime juice to use up. I like Nellie & Joe's Famous Key West Lime Juice. I think I got it at Target but I've seen it at other grocery stores. Don't let anyone tell you bottled stuff is not good... this is excellent. I use it all the time for key lime pie (my hubby's favorite).

Key Lime Squares

Recipe From: CDKitchen http://www.cdkitchen.com

Serves/Makes: 2.5 dozen

Ingredients:

1 1/4 cup flour
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
3/4 cup soft butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup lime juice
4 eggs
1 lime peel grated (I may use lemon peel instead, since I already have one)
1/4 cup flour

Directions:
Mix first four ingredients, then press in an ungreased 13x9 pan. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.

Beat together remaining ingredients. Whisk together and pour over hot crust. Bake 30 minutes.

Cool on a rack and cut into squares. Sift powdered sugar on top when cool.


This recipe is from CDKitchen http://www.cdkitchen.com
© 1995-2008 CDKitchen, Inc.

No comments: