Thursday, September 14, 2006

My pancake recipe

Here is the pancake recipe originally on my main blog. I made these this morning and sprinkled blueberries on some and finely chopped pecans on others.

Republished to add: This is also a Beverly Nye recipe

My Favorite Pancakes
2 cups buttermilk
1/4 cups oil (I use canola or mild olive oil)
4 eggs
2 cups flour (it holds up well to all whole wheat flour)
2 t. soda
1 t. baking powder
dash salt
(I also add a teapoon...or two...of vanilla to the wet ingredients)

Mix wet ingredients very well then add flour mixture. Mix only until blended, there will still be some lumps. If it is too thick, you can add a little milk.

I put about a ladle at a time on a hot skillet. Of course, ladles come in different sizes! I find it easier to make a few smaller pancakes then one big one. They are difficult to turn. When bubbles start coming up around the edges and the pancake is somewhat firm in the middle, they can be flipped onto their other side.

To add fruit or nuts, ladle batter onto hot skillet. Sprinkle with fruit or nuts. When bubbles start popping up and center of the pancake looks firm, turn pancakes over and cook until finished on the other side. If you are using frozen fruit (like frozen blueberries), it takes a little while longer to cook well enough to turn the pancake.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.