It is full of great recipes but there are two that are great for hot weather since they can be frozen and then served when needed (cold!). You wouldn't find them in a health food book but they are not meant to be eaten everyday. :)
Frozen Cranberry Salad
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole cranberry sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted (which I don't always include)
Can also be frozen in muffin tins for individual servings.
Frozen Strawberry Salad
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
1 (8 1/4 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
1 (10 ounce) pkg. frozen strawberries, thawed
2 bananas, sliced
Mix cream cheese and sugar in mixer until well blended; blend in whipped topping.
Fold in pineapple, strawberries, and bananas and freeze in muffin tins.
I'll post pictures when I have them (if I remember). :)