Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Carrot Cake

This recipe is from The Best of Goosebury Patch Christmas Favorites. It turned out very good and moist. The recipe calls for a 9 x 11 pan. I believe you could also put the batter in two round cake pans and check after 25-30 minutes.

Ingredients:
2 C. Sugar
2 C. Flour
2 t. Baking soda
1 t. Salt
3 t. Cinnamon
16 oz. can Crushed pineapple, well drained (the can I used was 20 oz.)
1 1/2 C. Vegetable oil
4 Eggs
3 C. Carrots, grated
1/2 C. pecans, chopped (optional, I didn't have any so I left them out)

Mix sugar, flour, soda, salt and cinnamon together...set aside (I sifted them onto parchment paper). Mix oil and eggs and beat together, add pineapple and carrots. Mix in dry ingredients, fold in pecans if you use them. Bake 30-35 min (mine took 40 min. but that may have been because I used a 20 oz. can of pineapple). Cool completely before frosting.

Frosting
1/2 C. Butter, room temp (one stick)
8 oz. Cream cheese, room temp
1 Box Powdered sugar
2 t. Vanilla

Beat together butter and cream cheese until smooth. Blend in powdered sugar and vanilla, beat until fluffy. Frost on cake that is completely cool.

I find cold days and baking are made for each other.

No comments: