Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Slow cooked chicken sandwich

I made this today, trying to think of something I could slow cook while taking a Benedryl induced nap. It worked great and I will add this to my monthly menus.

1 package deboned chicken thighs
1 can Cream of Chicken soup (or similar homemade cream sauce)
1/2 soup can of water
Mrs. Dash to taste
Pinch or two of salt

If I were serving this over potatoes or noodles, I'd add sliced mushrooms.

Place deboned chicken thighs baking dish, with a cover (or 9 x 11 dish and cover with foil).

Pour soup and water on top of chicken and add seasonings. No need to stir before baking.

Cover and slow bake at 300 degrees for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.

Serve in sandwiches.

This would also be good with a little sour cream added at the end and served over biscuits, mashed potatoes or noodles.

Recipe easily doubled and I expect it would work perfectly in a slow cooker.

No comments: